We’ve created this policy which covers how the UK Space Conference;
1. Introduction and General Terms
- social media or official UK Space Conference content on other websites.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
To provide you with the full range of UK Space Conference services we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information the UK Space Conference may collect about you;
- how the UK Space Conference will use information we collect about you;
- when the UK Space Conference may use your details to contact you;
- whether the UK Space Conference will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- how you can change the way we hold and use your personal information.
2. Who are we?
The UK Space Conference event is managed by Bray Leino Events on behalf of the UK Space Conference 2021 Organising Committee and the UK Space Agency. In 2021 the UK Space Conference will be running as a virtual event. Data will be collected and used on behalf of the UK Space Agency (the data controller) to Bray Leino Events / UK Space Conference 2021 Organising Committee (the data processor) to contact you about the 2021 UK Space Conference, and the next 2023 UK Space Conference. In this policy 'we', 'us' and 'our' refer to the UK Space Conference and 'you' and 'your' refer to you the user.
3. What information will the UK Space Conference collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the UK Space Conference event or online content we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone and / or mobile number or date of birth.
5. How will the UK Space Conference use the information it collects about me?
The UK Space Conference will use your personal information for several purposes including:
- to provide you with event information or online content, and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers so we can identify the location of users, block disruptive use, establish the number of visits from different countries and determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we can improve the services offered by the UK Space Conference. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources where this helps us;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where the UK Space Conference proposes using your personal information for any other use we will ensure that we notify you first.
6. Your UK Space Conference Contact Request
If you email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) dependant on your request, your details may be added to our contact directory so we can effectively manage your enquiry. You will be contacted regarding your enquiry using the information you submitted within the email. We do not keep your data any longer than necessary and only use it in order to contact you about your enquiry.
If you have signed up to receive emails from us, your details will be added to our master contact mailing list so that we can ensure future relevant information can be sent to you.
7. When will the UK Space Conference contact me?
UK Space Conference may contact you:
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about the UK Space Conference event;
- in relation to any services you are using;
- to update you on any material changes to the UK Space Conference’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 8.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The UK Space Conference will only send you marketing communications where you have agreed to this. We offer occasional emails, to let you know about the UK Space Conference event. We may personalise the message content based on any information you have provided to us.
9. Will the UK Space Conference share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the UK Space Conference master contact mailing list except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section and section 10.
Sometimes the UK Space Conference uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services e.g. printing. The UK Space Conference requires these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and the UK Space Conference requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in that way.
10. Offensive or inappropriate content on UK Space Conference websites
If you post or send content which we consider offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to the UK Space Conference websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour the UK Space Conference may remove that content and/or block access.
Where the UK Space Conference considers that you may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, the UK Space Conference may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. The UK Space Conference would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection regulations.
11. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to the UK Space Conference.
12. How long will the UK Space Conference keep my information?
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or, as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the UK Space Conference.
13. Can I delete my data?
You can request that the UK Space Conference delete any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com using the subject line “UK Space Conference GDPR data deletion request”.
14. Can I find out what personal information the UK Space Conference holds about me?
Under the data protection regulations, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the UK Space Conference holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files. If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, UK Space Conference Limited (Bray Leino Events), 1-6 Brighton Mews, Bristol, Avon, BS8 2NW or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification - one from each list below:
- Passport, Utility bill (from within the last 3 months)
- Driving licence, current vehicle registration document
- Birth certificate, Bank statement (from within the last 3 months)